Hey y'all.... We discovered a jem... a true jem on our vacay down in Charleston, South Carolina. A Yummy place (I know now it is a chain) called the "Mellow Mushroom". I mean just the name sounds inviting and happy!! Anyways while we were there 5 days we managed to eat at this fantabulous place two times... Oh and once in Nashville on the drive home..Now that we are home I decided to recreate it... I changed it up just a little bit, and I use a healthier crust, but it is still YUM! Enjoy ! PS I make this pizza at least once a week!!
- Crust.. Really whatever you want, I buy a wheat ready made pita style (much quicker) but you can for sure make your own or use a regular crust.
- Flank steak
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- Kalamata pitted olives
- goat cheese and/or feta cheese (goat is my fav)
- one 8 oz container of mushrooms
- 6(ish) fresh basil leaves
- approximately 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Some photo's of us at the Mellow Mushroom on King Street in Charleston... aka my favorite place ev...
- Preheat oven to 350 (follow crusts' directions)
- cut steak into strips -season with pepper and lightly brown the meat Set aside
- lightly grill mushrooms and garlic in the same pan as the steak for extra flavor
- using a pastry brush glaze the crust with olive oil
- add desired amount of mozzarella cheese
- place steak, mushrooms and garlic, goat cheese, olives and basil on the everywhere (Pack in up pack it in let me begin)
- sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper
- in about 18 minutes get ready for your mouth to explode with incredible flavor
|Ha Ha look at Luke in this picture...|