Lacey3

Friday, July 22, 2011

BBQ Sauce from scratch... Who knew?

Sooooo I know that it sounds way "fancy" as my friend Chay says I cook, but honestly it is so easy to make your own BBQ sauce and it doesn't have all the ick" in there.. (ick being hfcs- high fructose corn syrup). So I set out to make the perfect sauce and I think I have gotten pretty close.. ;) *I doubled the recipe and also made some pulled pork in my crock pot, for pitas the next night. Just added 2 cups of water and 6 more ounces of tomato sauce... 

This recipe calls for...
One very handsome Hubs who is good one the grill.. and an adorable little 2 yr old who wubs to help.. 
  1. 1 large onion, chopped
  2. 1 tablespoon oil
  3. 3 cloves minced garlic (more if you wub garlic)
  4. 1  14-oz can low sodium tomato sauce
  5. 1/2 cup water
  6. 1/4 cup tomato paste
  7. 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
  8. 2 tsp red pepper flakes
  9. 1TBS Worcestershire sauce
  10. 1 teaspoon dry mustard    
  11. 1 teaspoon Honey      
  12. Salt and Pepper to taste                           

Salad Dressing
  1. 3 tablespoons E.V.O.O. 
  2. 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.. (I usually zest the lemon too)
  3. sprinkle fresh basil or dried (or dill is yums too)
  4. salt and peppa 
the corn
  1. Fresh basil and a teaspoon of lime..




No comments:

Post a Comment